Introduction to Joshua the Biology major

My name is Joshua Cohlmia and I was born and raised in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Being raised here made it an easy choice to continue my education at the University of Oklahoma. My major is Biology/Pre-Dental. The most interesting part of my major is that I've taken lots of difficult science classes but have never once learned about teeth. It's weird taking all these classes that don't apply directly yo my job in the future. The most interesting class I took last semester was molecular biology. Having a pandemic while taking these science classes has been awesome (for class not in everyday life) because a lot of teachers have been using Covid-19 as an example and I've gotten to learn so much about it. Last semester I finally reached my goal of achieving a 4.0 which I had never done before. My favorite movie is Die Hard because it ties my two favorite things together, Christmas and action. My favorite book is the Harry Potter series because it was the first series of books I ever got into. My favorite TV show is Friends I've always watched it since I was a kid and that group of friends feels like my family. The music I listen to is constantly changing so it's hard to pinpoint a certain genre but music in general I'm always listening to. My favorite foods are pretty much any type of meat and pasta. I've always been a picky eater but I'm working on it! My parents have never been huge pet people but next year I'm moving into a house with only one roommate and am planning on getting a dog this next year. I'd say my dream place to adventure to would be Dubai because it looks like the most beautiful place in the world to me and I've never been out of North America. In my free time for my hobbies I play piano, play tennis, walk around the neighborhood, and pretty much any game with a deck of cards. Overall 2020 was the weirdest year of my life but was such a growing experience in my life and has made me realize how important my goals and the time I have to spend to get there. Here's to another 4.0 this semester and taking bigger steps in my life. Cheers!

DUBAI

 

Comments

  1. Hi Josh, I too am a pre-health major. It is weird how we don't learn a single thing in treating out future patients in college. I guess it's all part of the process though. Dubai would be a pretty awesome place to visit, so I have to agree with you heavily on that. They're surely an incredibly innovative country with countless things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joshua! I totally agree that the SARS-CoV-2 virus has been discussed in a lot of my science classes; I am taking a virology course this semester, so you can imagine all the virus talk that goes on! Congrats on the 4.0 semester also! I have never seen Die Hard, but I have heard a lot about it, so maybe I should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joshua! I am a fan of dentists ever since meeting my current dental hygienist! We've been seeing her for 15 years, and we've followed her from one dental practice to another and finally to a third practice; we are loyal to her, and we trust that she will know the best dentist for us to go to, and she's been right! So my advice to you: hire the best dental hygienists that you can! And I so agree with you about card games: there are all kinds of fun board games, and video games, and apps for the phone, but give me a deck of cards and I'm happy. I've actually started collecting cool decks of cards that I see at Kickstarter.com because I love the way a deck of cards can have lots of art AND still be useful (although I don't need a dozen decks of cards, ha ha), like these for example: Gods of Mythology Playing Cards. And if you're ever looking for a present to give someone, cool/weird playing cards are a good gift: they're small, they're fun, and they're actually useful too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Joshua!

    I think it is really interesting that you never once learned about teeth while studying here. I am so proud that you were able to reach your goal of being a 4.0 student las semester. My parents were never pet people wither; before COVID happened, my sister got a yorkie, we named him Milo, and dropped him off to our parents. They absolutely love him and cannot live without him now. I hope you are able to do what you want to in life. Cheers to living life to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello again, Joshua! Very nice to meet you and to get to know some more about you! I hope this class and the semester have both been treating you well. I think it's cool you are going pre-dental, I have loved all of my dentists and am very appreciative for what they do. Also, congratulations on your 4.0; that is an awesome accomplishment! Hope to read more stories of yours throughout the semester.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 Story