Storybook Favorites

1. Epic Cooking https://sites.google.com/view/epic-cooking/home

    My first choice was Epic Cooking. This Storybook stood out to me because the author relates every recipe to an Indian mythology story. The title immediately let me know that we would be cooking. This storybook was arranged perfectly because before I could see the recipes you had to read the story above the recipe. Each story was a letter to Camille (the person who was cooking) from the Indian mythological characters. Camille clearly put lots of time into this storybook because she did all the cooking her self and took a picture of each step along the way. Overall, I loved the design and simplicity of this Storybook and thought this was one of the best out of all. 

2. Karma: The Good Place https://sites.google.com/view/goodplacekarma/home

    My second choice stood out to me because I had just watched The Good Place on Netflix this past summer. The title just like the show is a trick, because you think you're in the Good Place when the Good Place is actually the Bad Place. The introduction does a great job of putting you right into the story at the moment Yudhishtira has just died. Having the picture with the caption "Welcome, Everything is Fine" is the perfect picture to describe the confusion Yudhishtira would be feeling. Overall, I thought the design of this Storybook was great. Having this storybook as a script to read instead of a story makes you feel like you are the main character. I feel doing a script for the story is a great idea and one I will definitely have interest in using for my Storybook.  

3. Music Stories https://sites.google.com/view/musicbattles/home?authuser=0

    I chose this one to discuss because music and different genres of music have always interested me. The title was straightforward. The introduction does a great job of outlining this storybook and separating it into three parts Sarastawi, Nataraja, and Ravana. The design is simple as it is the into and the three main parts. Each mythological character basically is a genre of music. Ravana's music is a story telling type of music and shows versaitlty in how it can tell a story, Sarastawi is more flute and calming music used for meditation, and lastly Nataraja music is more funky pop type music that is meant for dancing. Overall, the design and layout of this made it simple to realize each type of music and how it related to each story. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Joshua the Biology major

Week 2 Story