Feedback Strategies

1. Five Reasons to Stop saying Good Job 

http://www.amblesideschools.com/sites/default/files/Five%20Reasons%20to%20Stop%20Saying%20%20Good%20Job!.pdf

Growing up I felt my father was a strict disciplinarian and didn't give me as much praise as I felt I deserved. Looking back I see more that my grew more as a person when I had to have that reinforcement from myself. This article in the first part shows how you're kinda saying "I  like you the way you are" which sounds dramatic at first but continued repentance of this could infer that. When saying "good job" you're telling your child how they should feel. Another main aspect I took from this article is the drive you lose when you think you're better at the activity than anyone else. For example growing up I was one of the top tennis players in the state and it got to my head. I trained less and didn't focus as hard that by the time I became a teenager I was in the middle of the pack again. This article also showed how me the benefits of not coddling your kids. 

2. Why do so many Managers Avoid Giving Praise 

https://hbr.org/2017/05/why-do-so-many-managers-avoid-giving-praise

A job is a pattern and you learn the pattern quickly. The more you do the routine the less interesting and less drive you have for that job. Having a boss that's loose and fun while it may be great the max amount of work may not be done. Being nervous or anxious because of your boss inspires/forces you to do the max you can do. Even if these managers are nice people they must be strong. Judging by the data in the article having a balance between negative and positive feedback heeds the most praise and work by their workers, so the key is finding that balance. Is being negative in ways gonna make your workers not do as well in spite of the manager? 


https://www.asiaone.com/lifestyle/strict-parents-turn-children-effective-liars-study-claims

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Joshua the Biology major

Week 2 Story