Feedback Thoughts

1. Why rejection hurts so much 

https://ideas.ted.com/why-rejection-hurts-so-much-and-what-to-do-about-it/ 

Our brains our wired to dislike rejection. It talks about how when they ran an MRI rejection was in the same part of the brain as physical pain. We are social beings, since the beginning of time we have needed to be in a group to survive so rejection has been happening forever. Rejection is also a time for self evolution to think why was I rejected and to become better from it not worse. 

2. Silence the Critical Voices in you head 

https://hbr.org/2016/12/silence-the-critical-voices-in-your-head

This one I found interesting because mental health is come to the forefront for me this year with the pandemic. Quarantine and being alone led me to think about my decisions and self reflect on my life so far. The critical voices in our head will always be there but silencing them or using them as motivation is an important tool everyone needs to know. This article basically is informing you that every self critical voice can be seen as positive you just have to learn how to make it positive or understand the deeper meaning of these thoughts. 

The topic of mental health has really come to the forefront during this pandemic and how important it is. For me I've always loved in english classes how we peer review each others papers. Having another set of eyes self critiquing can be so helpful because it's a different point of view. Playing tennis growing up I always had coaches telling me they're strategies. The interesting part was that it was all up to me whether I took their advice because tennis was an individual sport. 

https://www.psychiatryadvisor.com/home/topics/general-psychiatry/commemorating-mental-illness-awareness-week/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Joshua the Biology major

Week 2 Story